Thursday, August 30, 2012

PlaySpent.org


You have to check this website out: http://playspent.org/

There are over 14 million Americans unemployed. Imagine you are one of them. You're savings are gone. You've lost your house. You're a single parent down to your last 1,000. Can you make it through the month?

My daughter's teacher gave her class this website yesterday and her and her friends had fun with it at school, and we had fun playing with it last night. Give it a try and see if you can make it to the end of the month and then come back and let us know how you did.
 
Belinda
© Belinda Richardson and Frugal Workshop, 2012.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

2 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda,
    I can't get it to work on my computer (computer is veeeery old). But I think I understand what it's intent is. What class was this for? I always thought highschool should teach money management skills. We had nothing of the sort when I was in school. I had no idea how to take care of myself, how to land a job, where to turn for help, etc. I had to learn the hard way and I certainly don't want that for any young person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The class is Word Processing, and her teacher is wonderful! She has taught her so much about the Office programs, she has them dress professionally and teaches them about getting jobs in the real world, how to make resumes, and things like that. Wish I had something like that back when I was in high school. One of the newer teachers is teaching a class on personal finance. I was glad to see that as well, so they don't have to learn things the hard way (like we did). Sorry you couldn't see the website. I so understand having an old computer, up until about a year ago, mine was old too. I couldn't even get on Facebook with it.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...