Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday Morning Update

Good Saturday morning to all my Frugal Workshop readers. 

Back to School/Work

This week was the third full week we have returned to school/work. I worked everyday this week and even received my first paycheck, which was a surprise. I subbed for half a day on the second day of school and that just happened to be early enough to get paid this month, which was actually a first for me as I usually do not get my first check until September. 

Ebay

I started selling a few things on Ebay this month to earn some extra money. Unfortunately on my very first auction I had a buyer who did not pay for her winning bid. So now I am in the process of working that out. I was hoping to already have the money in hand for the item, but that didn't happen. I went ahead and listed two more items this morning, and I hope I will have better luck with these two items. 

I read Credit Card Free's personal finance blog regularly and she sells items on a regular basis. She doesn't make a great deal of money from each auction, but the total does add up over time and is what inspired me to list a few items for sale. Usually I donate my unwanted items, but I am going to try this for a while and see what happens. 

Reward Programs

I'm still earning rewards from Swagbucks, My Coke Rewards, Purina's My Perks, Recycle Bank, and Inbox Dollars. If you would like any information about any of these just let me know in the comment section or you can look through my archives. 

The Art of Leftover Wizardry


Sometimes when I'm at school and the students are busy with their assignments, I think about what I'm going to make for dinner. One night for dinner this week I made a very successful leftover dish that even Amy D would have been proud to eat. 

In my freezer were several one person meal servings of leftover red lentil chili, and assorted beans (lentil, black, and black eyed peas) in my freezer. I also had eight jars of home canned tomatoes that I want to use up this year. I figured I could do something with these, so I came home and microwaved all the chili and beans into one dish. 

I added four of the pint sized jars of tomatoes to my stockpot (down to four jars left now) along with the thawed beans and added chili, onion, and garlic powder. I also had two chickens breasts in the freezer, which I cut up and added. I'm not crazy about much meat anymore, so I made sure my bowl didn't have any chicken in it that I could see (Ha! Ha!). 

It turned out really good and my family really enjoy it and we even had a couple of servings leftover for lunch the next day. 

After school on Friday night we went swimming for a couple of hours to cool off and on the way home, coming up the driveway, we saw a  huge black snake. I have a picture of it, but Blogger isn't letting me load any pictures right now. 

Hope you all had a good week! 

Belinda
CFO ~ Chief Frugal Officer
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011-2014.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...