Saturday, November 15, 2014

Life...

Sorry I've not posted this week, but we've had a lot going on the last two weeks. 

My daughter's grandfather passed away this week. He was my (former) father in law, but always treated me like his daughter even after the divorce. He was generous to a fault, never failed to see us when he came to town, and I never heard him say a negative thing about anyone in all the years that I knew him. His passing, along with some other things, has left me with a sadness I've not been able to shake. 

I was all set to work five days this week, but the roof is being replaced at school, and since it is an older building there were several safety issues, so they ended up cancelling school on Friday to do some safety checks. Everything checked out OK, so we will be back in school on Monday. 

My daughter and I went to town today and after her volunteer duties, we went grocery shopping to get in on some good coupon deals. 


Pictured above are 12 boxes of pasta, 1 bottle of ginger ale, 2 bottles of V-8, 18 bottles of Lipton tea, 12 cans of Progresso soup, 4 canisters of Quaker oatmeal and 8 bottles of Pom juice. The retail value of all of the items on sale was $99.51 and we paid a total of $10.21

Everything but the Pom juice came from Publix and we used a combination of coupons we printed online at Couponaholic, from the Sunday paper, the Publix advantage flyer, and buy one get one free sales, which can be a powerful combination as you can see.  

Look what we scored last week:


We bought 10 Sunny Delights for 64¢ each using Smart Source 

coupons combined with a Publix buy one get one free sale. 


Sorry this post is not more than it is, but it's about all I can muster for 

the time being. 


I hope you all are having a great, frugal weekend. :)



Belinda
CFO ~ Chief Frugal Officer
Professor Penny Pincher 
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011 and beyond.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”
"Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle ~ It will help you save money"

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose someone. Take time to take care of yourself and your daughter.

    (Great deals/couponing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Offering my sympathy that you and your daughter lost your loved one. A person of kind words and acts leaves us memories we treasure a lifetime. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...