Saturday, May 7, 2016

Teacher Appreciation Week


On Friday I received a copy of Chattanooga Times Free Press newspaper, a bottle of water and a bag of Twix candy bars for Teacher Appreciation Week. A very nice surprise I thought. 

I've already told you about the Purex detergent we did this week. We ended the week with 18 bottles, which should last us a long time. Other deals I was able to get in on this week using sales and/or coupons with the help of my daughter, include:

12 jars of Bertolli pasta sauce at 68¢ a jar 
10 pounds ground chuck at $2.28 a pound
8 Sure deodorant - 75¢ each (I normally pay $1.96)
4 Cheddar Cheese - B1G1F
3 Parmesan Cheese  - used this deal at Couponoholic
2 boxes Raisin Bran
4 dozen eggs

This morning I woke up early and got busy cleaning in the kitchen cleaning and gathering garbage to take off later. Since I was able to get some ground beef on sale this week, last night I made hamburgers for dinner and today I made some taco meat for dinner.

I also cooked two dozen eggs in the Instapot to make egg salad later. I love doing eggs in the Instapot now, which is just an electric pressure cooker. They only take five minutes and the egg shells come off so easily. 

Later on we went to town to meet a couple of people for sales from our local Facebook Yard Sale group. We've made $65 this week just selling some jeans that my daughter no longer wears. It's nice to make money this way instead of having an actual yard sale, which requires a lot of work. The only downside, of course, is when the buyer doesn't show, which has happened to me on occasion. 

I hope you are having a good Saturday.  :)

Thank you for reading,
Belinda
~ Living within my means in Southern Tennessee ~

Earn with Swagbucks

2 comments:

  1. Those teacher appreciation gifts show a lot of thoughtfulness. How very sweet.
    Your deals this week look awesome, as always.

    Enjoy your Mother's Day, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lili. I agree, the thoughtfulness shines through.

      I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day too. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...