Monday, April 24, 2017

My Frugal Week

My daughter picked up two of these trial size bottles of Head and Shoulders for free using coupon overage and she gave them to me to use. 

The first bottle lasted me through nine shampoos since I wash my hair every other day the bottle lasted me for a little over two weeks. 


We went to several yard sales today.  As usual we brought drinks and sandwiches with us and did not eat out. 

This must have been a day for cookbooks because that is what I found before the rain set in for the day. 

I found a Woman's Day magazine from October 1965 for 25¢. It has multiple money saving recipes in it and the ads are fun to look at from way back then. 


I found Cook's Country magazines for 10¢ each, so I bought ten of them and paid $1.00. These normally sell for $4.95 each, so this was a good deal. 


I found a Holiday Inn cookbook for 25¢ from the 1970's. It has recipes from Holiday Inns all across the country including the one in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  :)


I found two Ziploc bags filled with smaller type cookbooks from an older lady who was cleaning out her house. 

I love these kind of cookbooks and going through these made me think of the cookbooks I received from my grandmother when we were cleaning out her house. 

Best thing of all? She only charged me 25¢ per bag. I will spend many hours going through and enjoying these very much. 



I also found a Southern Living Inflation cookbook from 1972 for 25¢. 


We went to several yard sales on Saturday too, I found a nice bookshelf for my bedroom for only $3.00. 

I also found a set of 68 brand new CDs of the bible. They seller had then marked for $1.00, but living in the Bible Belt I knew they were worth much more money than that. 

We came home and checked them online and they are currently selling well for around $65 for the set. My daughter will be sending them to Amazon for use in their fulfillment program. 

With my help, she finds new items like this all summer long and sends a package to Amazon at the end of the yard sale season and then she earns money all winter long when Amazon sells her items. This is another source of passive income we utilize. 


Recently we went through one of the free boxes located outside a bookstore in Chattanooga and found several Beth Moore CD sets, so we picked them up thinking they would be worth something to someone. 

Today I went online and found out how much they were worth. There are seven sets of CDs on the book of Romans and they retail for $30 each while the other set we found retails for $39.95. 

I am shocked that someone would just put these in a free box thinking they were not worth anything. I plan on listing these on E-bay to see if I can find any takers. I will keep you updated on if they sell or not.



- We saved money on gas this week, which you can read about in this blog post.  

- My daughter received a free chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A on Tuesday. I wrote about about that in this blog post. This coming Tuesday, April 25, will be the last day this free breakfast item is offered. 

I'll close this blog post for now as I think it is long enough, but I'll be back soon with another post on how we save money at the Frugal Workshop. 

I hope you have a great week.  :)
Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very productive week, Belinda! I love the sound of the "Inflation Cookbook." Please let us know if there are any great ideas or recipes in there.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lili. I liked the looks of the Inflation Cookbook too. I'll be sure to share any good recipes I find in there.

      Delete
  2. I love cookbooks like that, too. I just enjoy reading cookbooks period...lol.

    Great finds on the CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those cookbooks might be worth listing on eBay as well. Collectors are everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love garage sale season! I'm always on the lookout for good deals, especially if I can resell for a profit. It looks like you had a fantastic couple of days! I'm headed downstate (Mich.) in about 10 days for the M-15 yard sales. They stretch for miles! Such fun!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a lot of fun, Debbie. I love when yard sales are clustered together, it's easier to find the good stuff. LOL

      I hope you find a lot of great deals. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...