Friday, January 5, 2018

Frugality at the Frugal Workshop

We stayed home five out of seven days this week, which saved money on gas. 

We went out on Tuesday to have the oil changed in my car. My BIL changed it and only charges me $20 for supplies. He uses synthetic oil, which will last at least 5,000 miles. 

While I was in town we went to Food City to pick up an RX and paid $4.00 for that. 

This week I earned another $5.00 gift card for Amazon from Microsoft Rewards. 

I cooked dinner from scratch all seven days of this week and there was no eating out, not even for drinks. 

I made $16.92 on an item I sold on Ebay this week. 

School was cancelled for Thursday and Friday due to the extreme cold here. Hopefully school will be back in session on Monday, so I can get back to work. 

We went to town on Friday to run errands and get in on a good deal on milk. 



IGA had their milk on sale for $1.29 per gallon with a limit of one gallon. My daughter and I both got one gallon. 


We also went to Food City to get a few things and spent $13.96 on yogurt, butter, sour cream, saltines, dressing, hot dogs, and free cream cheese. 


I normally don't buy these boxed dressings, but Food City has them marked down to 50¢, so I bought the last three cornbread ones they had. 


$1.99 for beef hot dogs was too good of a deal to pass up today. 


The Arla cream cheese was free. There is a coupon machine next to them offering the item for free. They were out of the regular flavor, but this Mediterranean Garden flavor looked good to me. 

How was your week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week. I haven't left the house yet - we'll see tomorrow. Getting cabin fever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! We have had a frugal week, too. Just because it has been too cold to leave the house. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...